Monday, February 11, 2008

Simply divine


The Fishery
Originally uploaded by chowen
Just how far would one (have to) go for good food? It was 15 miles for me, apparently.

When I read about the place, my mind was immediately set on getting there. Without a car, it was difficult getting anywhere, especially in the outdoor of San Diego. But that was never going to stop me.
Cycling for what I initially thought was a doable 10 miles (got lost twice, adding an additional 5 miles), through the scenic route that took me from the residential area, across bridges to mission bay park, and along the Pacific beach. Despite the distance, getting there was as fun as finding treasures.

Exhausted and hungry, I ended up over-ordering. The seafood couldn't get fresher than this, it was definitely handy to have a fish market inside a restaurant; succulent raw fish with ripen avocado and drizzled sweet soya sauce; grilled teriyaki tinted wild salmon, with a dash of fresh lemon juice that brought out all the flavours. I spoiled myself and got a glass of California's finest.

Without doubt, the cycling exercise was worthwhile.

-----
The Fishery
5040 Cass Street, N. Pacific Beach CA 92109
Average for two: US$50 (£25)

View Larger Map

No comments: